Managing Distributors & Sales People Effectively
This course provides participants with core knowledge about sales function when using and developing dealership/distributors as channels of distribution and as a business process; this means that participants will get solid exposure to sales and how to develop, manage and reward distributors so they are always ready to sell for you.
Channels must be managed in a coherent manner if the business will achieve increased and profitable turnover. This programme will address the skill improvement and tool sharpening requirements of the distribution, sales and marketing managers so as to improve overall management of distribution.
During this programme, participants will learn to:
- Identify the strategic role distribution management plays in company’s business models.
- Segment the market for optimal and profitable distribution design
- Identify gaps in outlets performances
- Bring about productive change in channels operations
- Effectively identify conflicts and develop effective tools for resolving them.
Sales managers, Salespeople, sales support, as well as business leaders/owners in the FMCG/Distributive trade who want to optimize game plan in managing distributors effectively.
Distribution Channel Plan
- Evaluation of channel alternatives
- Distributors/Dealers: Game plan for development
- Value-added resellers
- Channel relationships and responsibilities
- Channel financial relationships
- Money flows
- Pricing policy
- Discounts & incentives
- Number of outlets & requirements
- Share in shops handling
- Weighted distribution
- Distribution gains
- Average stock volume/value
- Stocks cover in days
- Out of stock frequency
- Share of shelf
Optimising dealership and retail structures to meet the end users’ demands.
- Allocating Resources to Channel Members
- Assessing Demand Side/Supply Side Gaps in the Current Strategy
- Distinguishing the Demand Side and Supply Side Gaps
- Effective Tools to Address the Gaps
- Wholesale and Retail Coordination
Designing Healthy Competitive Programmes for the Wholesalers and Retailers
- Harmonising The Goals of the Different Channel Members
- Providing Adequate Knowledge to and Motivating Wholesalers and Retailers
- Channel Conflict Management
- Types of Channels Conflict
- Tools for Effective Channel Conflict Management
- Influencing Channel Members Behaviour
- Antecedents Behaviour and Rewards System
- Understanding Dealers power & usage
- The Power of Partnering: Doing more with less.
This event has passed
0 Has Sold